Saturday, May 8, 2010

At Isabella's Sketchbook this week is a challenge to "Honor our Mothers". This sewing basket image from Isabella's reminds me of my mother who is a wonderful seamstress ...she made all of my clothes and my sister's until we finished college as well as sewed for many others. Therefore I honor my Mother with this card.
Made this following a sketch from Papertake Weekly Challenge. Colored the image with pencils and OMS, markers, and Jelli-ink Glitter pen for the metallic look on some of the items in the basket. Added glaze to scissors. Made my measuring tape by scanning a tape and printing it. Have seen ribbon and dp with measuring tape but improvised this since I did not have on hand. Sentiment is computer generated to match color of tape. Used CB EF's to add texture to mats.  Attached buttons to finish.

Image: Isabella's Sketchbook
           -Sewing Basket
Paper from Stash
CB Embossing Folders
           - Herringbone and Swiss Dots

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers who stop by for a  visit.
Theresa

12 comments:

Lisa said...

Beautiful card Theresa! My mom sews as well and used to make me tons of clothes as well! Thanks for playing along at Isabella's this week!

Sharon Keanly said...

A beautiful card Theresa, thanks for joining us again this week. Your Mother will surely love this card you made for her.

Cec said...

Great card Theresa and I can picture this basket in my Mothers sewing room too. Adding the glaze to the scissors was a great idea and gave them such dimension. Thanks for joining us at Isabella's Sketchbook and please come and play again. You know we love to have you.
Hugs!
Cec

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

This is just lovely and what a wonderful tribute to your mother. I love all the texture you have incorporated and measuring tape. So happy you were able to have some fun with Isabella's Challenge this week. Hope you'll be back to play with us again next week.

Viv said...

Gorgeous card Theresa! Love the buttons and measuring tape. I coloured up this image myself the other night, reminds me of my Mum! Thanks for palying at Isabella's and good luck. Viv x

Payne Holler Cards said...

this image really is perfect for your Mom! love how you added the texture - looks like you could pluck any one of those items right out of the basket! thanks for being a regular player over at Isabella's - best of luck to you !!!
and Happy Mothers Day to you too!!

Randi said...

I almost used this image to honor my mother as see made all my clothes also. Your card is wonderful. Thank you for playing along with us at Isabella's Sketchbook Challenge. I look forward to seeing your next creation.

Jill said...

aww Theresa your card is gorgeous I love the little sewing basket thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Peri said...

A lovely card Theresa - I love the sewing basket and the tape measure. My mum used to sew for me when I was young - it's a lovely memory.

Thanks for playing along at Isabella's this week - I look forward to seeing your next creation!

The Wired Angel said...

And a very Happy Mother's Day to you too Theresa! Thanks for creating this lovely card and for playing along with us at Isabella's challenge this week. Hugs, Peggy x

Annika said...

Wow, the sketch works beautifully with the image, your coloring is lovelly and whole creation just perfect!
Thanks for playing with us at Isabellas!
TFS
Hugs
Annika

wordbird said...

Theresa...hi! I love this card...my mom made us alot of clothes and I almost chose this image as well! I love that computer generated image...I know we share both like to play with images on our computers ;D...great job with the tape measure! ;D Diana Queen