Thursday, April 15, 2010

Tie Dye with Stamps

I saw this clever idea of doing a tie dye pattern by inking and misting a stamp on Melanie 's blog  here.  She is having her own challenge to use tie dye on a project. Since I did not have the doily stamp that she used, I experimented with the Sunflower stamp in Melanie's stamp set "A Year of Flowers" by GKD.  Thought it might work because of the circular design. I came up with the look on the bear's shirt on my first try...none of my other attempts looked as good. Since I did not have a Tee Shirt stamp either, I just stamped the bear stamp on my tie dye pattern and fashioned his shirt. Stamped the bear again on brown CS. Had this patterned paper that was perfect with his shirt. Made his sentiment for sign on computer....now he is promoting Tie Dye! Thanks to Melanie for the idea.
Stamp: Unknown...had forever
Paper: DCWV Patterns
           Solids from scraps

6 comments:

Betty Benton said...

He is just too precious! DP works great as a background!

Melanie said...

ugh, I've tried leaving comments three times keep disappearing! you really worked it out on this card, love the sign!! I was thinking after posting about the doily my diasy would work too, and as you've shown us so does the sunflower! great job! :)

Patti said...

You are a creative genius! This is precious!

Sue W said...

I'm with Patti!!! Love this Theresa.

Payne Holler Cards said...

ditto! you are so good with "thinking outside the box"...so cute!

Elaine said...

Very clever; that's a cute shirt!