Monday, April 5, 2010

Teddy Bears Make Great Friends


When I saw this image at Sassy Cheryl's, I thought of a little girl finding this Teddy Bear at a garage sale for 25 cents and running to her mother with the bear in her arms begging Mom to buy him. I know I would buy him if I had found such a find! This week when I saw that Tracy's challenge at Sassy Cheryl's  was a theme of DISTRESSING...rip it, tear it, antique it... I knew this bear image was a perfect choice for a card to distress. He has that distressed look about him with his eye about to fall off. 
Made this card for STV Sketch Challenge and Sassy Cheryl's Challenge #5
I used a base card of confetti CS with a mat torn out of the same CS that I dry embossed with CB Herringbone folder and swiped with inkpad.  Found a scrap of lace that I also inked to distress. For my digital image that I printed and colored with pencils and OMS, I used a glaze pen on dots of bow, shoes, bear's nose and eyes to highlight. I cut the image with circle nesties and layered onto distressed circle of DP and then a scallop circle of Kraft CS. All these 3  layers were distressed by rubbing water on the edges and scraping with the blade of a scissors and then rubbing and sponging with  distress ink. Cut a small oval of kraft CS for sentiment that I distressed with ink, water,etc. Added a button and thread in case Teddy might need another one. Used Vicki's sketch from the Challenge at Stamp TV to plan the layout.
Stamp: Sassy Cheryl's Digi- Loves Healing Hand
            Gina K Designs-Tropical Windows-Hello Friend
Ink: Memento Lady Bug
       Ranger Distess Ink Brushed Corduroy
Paper: Confetti , Khaki, White from stash
           Basic Grey Figgy Pudding (Mat for Image)
Have you hugged a Teddy Bear today?  It will make you feel so loved !
Theresa

5 comments:

Patti said...

Awww the childhood memories! Such a cute image and an awesome card!

Cathy said...

Cute card!! Thanks for playing the Sassy Cheryl's Challenge this week!! :)

alina said...

a very nice card, Theresa, I love your story with the little girl and her Teddy! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
Hugs, Alina

The Wired Angel said...

Beautiful card Theresa.. and perfect for the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Sassy Cheryls! Hugs, Peggy

Betty Benton said...

Wonderful image to use on your distressed card! This little one is no longer distressed though -- she's found a friend!!