Sunday, April 18, 2010

Summer Fun Card

Don't we all buy paper* that we like and think..."Why do I really need this?"   I did that just the other day but found a use for it when making a card for Mo's Digital Challenge  this week. Peggy put together a fun sketch for us to follow. You can flip it, rotate it... whatever!! Just as long as the main elements obviously are similar to this sketch. 
I chose to use Mo's image Pool Party which by the way was a freebie on  PCP for her group. I colored the image with pencils and OMS and Jelli-Ink Pens and added stickles to her cap, arm floats, and flip flops. Color inspiration came from the new paper that I bought for no reason. Colored the edge of circle with ink after I cut her out. Used green CS for base card layered with blue CS embossed with Fiskars ocean waves texture plate. Layered this with ribbon, strip cut from that patterned paper  that I bought, and a strip of Pink CS. Attached image and added a shell that I inked with pink.
Thought this would make a great card for someone headed for a beach vacation to wish them a fun time.
Image: Mo's Digital Pencil-Pool Party
Ink: SU Pixie Pink
Paper: GKD Creme de Menthe CS
           *Flair Designs Patterned Paper           (Just had to buy this- shown to right)
            Blue, Pink, White from stash
Another cloudy day here. Be glad when we can wear our swimsuit and sit by the pool.
Thanks for visiting, Theresa

3 comments:

Cynthia said...

This is adorable! I just love Flair Designs papers.

The Wired Angel said...

Great card and perfect for the challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Mo's this week. Peggy x

Dawn B. said...

We are so glad you joined us at Mo's this week.. Your card is adorable.. Hope to see you again..