Monday, April 26, 2010

Stenciling Inspired by Batik Fabric

Saturday at the Stamping Convention, I broke down and bought one of the Spellbinders Impressabilities: Seascapes. Of course I had to try this out so I made a card for Gina K's Inspire Challenge - to look at  Batik photos and create a card that is inspired by what you see and maybe try the stenciling technique.  My card does not really have the bright colors of Batik but has that look. I stenciled with rich cocoa and then added some pumpkin spice for more color variation. Matted this on Pumpkin Spice and white card base. Added image of birds on the beach and sentiment.
Stamps: Seaside Stamping Ink-Sandpipers
              GKD -Sentiment from "Say It With Flowers" by Melanie
Inks: Memento Cocoa Rich, Versamark Pumpkin Spice
CS: GKD PL White, Pumpkin Spice
Spellbinders: Impressabilities

6 comments:

Patti said...

This is really, really awesome! I have to try it! Thanks for the inspiration!

Sue W said...

This is very nice Theresa - how clever you are.... I love the colours and those birds are just perfect!!!

Patti P. said...

I love this card....I wanted this impressibilitie but Gina was sold out by the time my order went in. I love your color scheme and your layout. Great job!

Betty Benton said...

Those sandpipers are terrific and the colors are perfect for batik!

Melanie said...

just beautiful Theresa, love the two tone!

Susan ~ Killam Creative said...

Hi Theresa - this is such a neat idea! I have this Impressabilitie and *have* to try this technique. Thanks!

And thanks for entering our blog candy at The Beary Scrap. Good luck!

Cheers,
Susan