Friday, April 2, 2010

Mary, Mary, how does your garden grow?

Second Post today and maybe one more to come.
I just love the digital images at Isabella's Sketchbook that I found through some of my blogger friends. Isabella's Sketchbook first sketch challenge is finally here and you can see it lower right or click on link.

For my card, I used the image, "Mary, Mary", that I purchased this week. I colored her with pencils and OMS. Used some new Koh-I-Noor pencils that I treated myself to for doing my wrist exercises.  Still have to practice with these pencils to perfect the coloring.  Used a new DCWV spring paper stack...another treat to myself this week. Used one of the prints as the base card and cut out some borders to make stripes to follow the sketch. Placed a ribbon on card. Added a circle...(flower punched from same papers)... on top of the ribbon and some bling on upper right corner.  The image is really the star of this card.

Image: Isabella's Sketchbook- Mary, Mary
Cardstock: DCWV Flower Shower-Spring Stack
Ribbon and Rhinestones: from stash

Ready to get out in my garden like Mary, Mary.
How does your garden grow??
Thanks for stopping by on this lovely day?
Theresa

6 comments:

Patti said...

Ohhh so sweet! Wonderful image! Have fun in the garden!

IsabellasChallenge said...

Very nice card, Theresa. I really like the addition of the lace.

Jennifer Scull said...

you did such a nice job on the sketch! fun card! :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh how cute! love your coloring! so glad to see you joining in at Isabella's!!

Ann English said...

Lovely card!

Sue W said...

Ooh Theresa you and I like the same image!!! Beautiful card! Good Luck!