Saturday, April 10, 2010

Made this card for 2 challenges--Sassy Cheryl's and Mojo Monday.
Do you remember blowing bubbles with gum and having it pop all over your face and in your hair??


For Jackie's  first challenge at Sassy Cheryl's, we were to use a Sassy Cheryl's "girl" image and include ribbon in our card or 3-D project. That sounded easy enough. I used the image Bubble Gum Girl which  I colored with pencils and OMS. I decided to tie red ribbon for the bows in her hair...it took me forever to tie the bows the right  size... tried to use Bow Easy but could not make small enough. I spent more time with those  bows than any part of this card and was still not pleased with the outcome. Oh Well! This card turned out so different  than I first envisioned....it had a way of its own. First plan was to do with pastels to tie with the wide ribbon with circles but then I ended up with bright blue and red??? Used the sketch from Mojo Monday shown above.....first time to do their challenge. 
Digital image: Sassy Cheryl's Bubble Gum Girl
Sentiment Stamp: SU
Cardstock: Stash
 Thanks for stopping by!
 Theresa

8 comments:

craftieodamae said...

Priceless! Love the imagae and your colors rock!!

Lana said...

Theresa,
June from the Stamp Pad just sent me your blog site and its lovely, great projects! I love going to June's store too, I usually end up being there three to four hours when I go LOL!
Lana
http://blestwithstamps.blogspot.com/

Patti said...

Love,love,love the red ribbons in her hair! When that bubble pops it's gonna stick to everything! Awesome card!

Ann English said...

The ribbons in the hair are the best! Thanks for playing with us at Sassy Cheryls this week!

Sue W said...

Oh wow, are we on the same page or what!!!!! I love, love, your card Theresa.....those bows are great!!

Cheryl said...

What lovely bows for this little cutie! You did an amazing job!

alina said...

Very nice card, Theresa, I love the ribbon! The bows are such a lovely idea! Thank you for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's!
Hugs, Alina

The Wired Angel said...

Beautiful job on this card Theresa. Thanks for joining us at Sassy Cheryl's challenge this week. I hope you will return again and again. Hugs, Peggy