Friday, April 2, 2010

"Hello" Card from Scraps

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day in Ohio....almost summer like! Temps were in the 70's! I started my cleanup in the gardens...had to work slowly because of my wrist but it was so good to be outside in the sun.  My daffodils and hyacinths are in bloom everywhere and the tulips are showing buds ready to pop open. Started this card yesterday but had to finish this card this am ...was too pretty to spend all day inside.            

Melanie on her blog Hands,Head, and Heart had an interesting challenge this week... to make a card with whatever scraps you have on your workspace. Since I throw scraps and leftovers from a project into a basket as I work, I had several items to work with. I found an image I had stamped and already colored so I used that with a mat of yellow and some green mats that I had cut but were too small for another card. I embossed the yellow mat with a CB folder and sponged design. Assembled all these elements on a green base card and added a sentiment on square of yellow and some green rhinstones (out on my desk) to finish.

Stamps: Gina K Designs: Elegant Flowers
             Hero Arts: Hello
Cardstock:  GKD PL White and Lemondrop
                   Green from stash
Nesties: Scalloped Squares
Ink:  SU Garden Green

Anxious to spend another day outside in the garden.
Hope you are enjoying a beautiful day where you are.
Theresa

3 comments:

Patti said...

Your card is WOW! I love every single element! Wish your wrist would heal completely! Our weather is blustery! They say we actually have a chance of snow :( Have a Blessed Easter!

Payne Holler Cards said...

hoping your wrist is soon 100%! love what you did with scraps!

Melanie said...

love the soft sponging of the green on both the focal point and background, beautifully done!