Sunday, April 25, 2010

Fun Day at Akron Stamping Convention

On Saturday, Pat, Rita, and I had another "Adventure in Stamping". We attended the Stamping Convention in Akron where  50 exhibitors from all over the country and one from Canada selling all kinds of products. There was all sorts of free booth demos, make and takes, and door prizes and so many people crowding the aisles and booths. We arrived just as the doors opened at 9am and the crowd was already there.
I have never seen so many Punches, Spellbinders, Cuttlebug items, Copic Markers, and Stamps in one location!!! Any thing that you ever wanted for stamping was there. So many card examples in every booth that sold stamps. We walked the aisles for 4 hours making sure we saw everything  and made our purchases.
It was hard to see the demos because it was so crowded....so many more people than I remembered  from previous years that I attended.
I did break down and bought one copic marker.....I would have bought more but want to make a list of colors so I know what to buy when I get serious about purchasing copics. And I want to shop around for the best price to make my money stretch farther. I have found a local store that now carries a limited number of colors.
My fave purchase was a Spellbinders Impressabilities which I did not have. Stay tuned for a card that I will be posting made with that.

No comments: