Monday, April 5, 2010

First Time for a Gatefold Card

This week's StampTV video and Inspiration Challenge was triggered by a photo of a gate. Gina challenged us to share a Gatefold or any other fancy fold card in this week's challenge. I decided to make a gatefold card since I had never made one and decided it was so easy after watching Gina's Video.  I plan to use this card many times.

To make this even easier, I used pattern papers to create my card and made use of the scor-pal, a gift from my DH.
Used a polka dot (hard to see)  print paper as my base card. Added green pattern mats layered with the bird house print to the front. Stamped a bird onto blue cs and cut with circle die. Added some stickles and glaze to bird to make sparkle and match glitter on the birdhouses. Colored in with yellow pencil while still in die. Added this to a scallop circle cut from yellow paper. Attached image with pop-ups after adding ribbon to tie gate together.
For the inside, I use a paper printed (also has glitter on the paper)  with 3 birdhouses that I stamped with a verse.

Stamps: CCS-" Hello Hunny"
             Snag 'em Stamps-Bird
Ink: SU Taken with Teal
Papers: DWVC -Flower Shower Spring Pack
            GKD -PL Ocean Mist

Love to hear the birds in the morning.
What a nice "wake-up call"!
Take time to listen to the birds today!
Theresa

3 comments:

Sue W said...

Lovely card Theresa - great use of patterned paper - love the inside too!

craftieodamae said...

this is fantastic! Love your image, dp and the inside!!

Patti said...

This is adorable! Love the inside! I am lovin the music of the birds singing! It just puts a song in my heart!