Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Fairy Creative Place Challenge

Some cards come together very quickly as this one did. I made this for the Sunday's Sketch Challenge at A Fairy Creative Place. Using patterned papers from DCWV's Shower Flower Spring Pack, I followed the sketch which was a fun one to use. I stamped the CCS sentiments on the circle cut with nesties and layered on a solid green scallop circle. After layering the papers and image, I decided the card was a bit flat and lacking something. I tried a butterfly punch and colored it but just did not add that punch needed (no pun intended).  Then I stamped a butterfly on a scrap of the patterned paper and that was it. Once I cut out the stamped butterfly,  it came to life and flew to my card and landed on just the right spot. That was the finishing touch!
Stamps: Verses from CCS "Hello Hunny
             Butterfly Stamp -Unknown- a Garage sale find
Cardstock: Patterns - DCWV
                  Solid Green and White Base Card-From stash
Inks: SU Cameo Coral and Versafine Black Onyx
Don't you love it when something unplanned or unexpected happens when you are working with paper and inks? This butterfly just happened to turn out lovely I think!
Thanks for flying by and landing here for a visit. Glad to hear from you!
Theresa

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Thanks for playing the CCS challenge with us Theresa! Your butterfly is the perfect touch!

Patti said...

That butterfly is AWESOME! I love your card... so springy!

Laura said...

THERESA!!! OMGosh, I just want to say..THANKS for playing with CCS Sketch Play this week! Love the colors in this card. Pretty, Pretty, Pretty. ALSO love the new blog look! Had to take a double take to make sure I was in the right place! Love it!

Chelsea said...

Awww, great card! I love the colors and yes, the butterfly is awesome!

craftieodamae said...

What an awesome card!!!! So springy looking..love ya butterfly, tahnks for playing at CCS this week!

Betty Benton said...

What a pretty, pretty card, Theresa! Glad your butterfly found its special place on this card!

Sue W said...

Beautiful Theresa! and you're so right that butterfly adds so much to this pretty card.

shelly said...

oh theresa i am loving this! gorgeous butterfly with the sweetest sentiment. thanks for sharing with us at ccs :)