Friday, April 23, 2010

Color Challenge Inspires a Scene at the Beach

Tina at Stamp TV challenged us to use the colors  OCEAN MIST (or a light blue) and TAN!  These colors bring the beach to mind so I made a card of the beach wishing I were there.
I used an old stamp I have had a long time. Stamped this twice, once on tan CS and again on Blue CS....trimmed the tan one and mounted over the blue copy. Used bleach to whiten the clouds and highlight the waves. Also colored in other parts with pencils and pens. Cut out image with nesties and matted with tan. Used light tan mat embossed with CB Herringbone EF and blue mat embossed with Fiskars Waves texture plate on a base card of tan CS.
Stamp: Stampendous-"Beach Day"
            SU- "Wish"
Ink:  Versafine-Black Onyx
Paper:  GKD PL Ocean Mist
            DCWV Tan
Let's go Surfing!!!!
Thanks for viewing, Theresa

2 comments:

Olga said...

Teresa this is so beautiful!!! You did an amazing job!

Patti P. said...

Theresa, I love this card. So many elements and they all go together so well! I love your clouds and waves. They are so realistic. The embossing was the perfect touch.