Saturday, April 10, 2010

Challenge for Isabella's Sketchbook

I was lucky enough to win a gift certificate at Isabella's Sketchbook in her first challenge! I had so much fun buying at her store and one of the images that I purchased is "Petunias" that I featured in a card for her 2nd challenge.  Here are the requirements for that challenge: 1. Must use a digi stamp from Isabella's Sketchbook 2. Must be a floral/garden theme 3. There must be a round element somewhere on the card.
I colored the image using pencils and OMS .....not sure blue is a color of petunias but I like the color. Cut the image with circle nesties and matted on a blue scalloped circle. Stamped the sentiment off center on a circle and again matted with blue scallop circle. On the base card of blue I matted with white CS that I embossed with CB Swiss Dots EF and used a pod to color the raised dots blue. I double embossed the mat with another CB EF Leafy Branch using an additional paper shims to give this embossing a higher relief. Used a pod to color these raised areas in green. Double embossing is an interesting technique that I learned at the Stamp Pad, store in Zoar.
Stamp: Isabella's Sketchbook- "Petunias"
            GKD Sentiment - "Tropical Flowers"
Ink: SU Garden Green and Ballet Blue
Cardstock: Stash

Will be sending this card to my Mother, who fell yesterday and broke her wrist---runs in the family???
Theresa

6 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

WOW WOW what a knock out!!!! love your petunias!! you can color digitally OR by hand...just beautiful!
I want to try coloring with the pod..didnt find her instructions on the Stamp Pad web...will go back over there later! this is stunning!!!

Betty Benton said...

Gorgeous card! Oh my, your mother too!! Hope her card will make her feel better! Thanks for your tips on file storage!

Patti said...

I'm with Linda... just beautiful! You are one talented lady!

Sue W said...

Ooh this is another beauty Theresa!!! I have to ask what is a pod???

Isabella Joy said...

Theresa, this is beautiful! You mom will love this. I do hope she is ok.

Nancy said...

This is so beautiful:O) Love your colouring and pretty design.
Hugs, Nancy;O)