Tuesday, March 2, 2010

TMITA Challenge

My friend Patti is hosting this week's challenge at There's Magic In the Air. She would like you to use "ANY acquired PAPER CUPCAKE'S" image and use the sketch shown at bottom right. You can stretch it, rotate it, reverse it etc as long as the original sketch can still be seen and you use a Paper Cupcake image. I used the freebie digi image that Nina offered this week since it was sooo perfect for a birthday card for my nephew, Jacob, who is one on Friday. He dressed as a monkey for Halloween and looked so cute plus he also just loves, loves bananas and monkeys! So the image suits him so well. Thanks to Nina for all her freebies.   I again  used  Photoshop to create this card.  I used a base of  brown layered with a yellow and white check mat (background in PS) and then a mat (shape which I used a filter on to give a design) of "brown DP".  I colored the image of "Orson and Cake" with PS and cut as an oval (using shape option) that I "matted" with yellow and "sponged" with yellow.   Added some bananas for Jacob to finish the card.   I plan to print this when I can use my hand and am back to my studio where I can use cardstock, nesties, etc to create a paper card to send to Jacob.   I wish I had a picture of Jacob in his monkey costume...will add later.
Happy Birthday, Jacob!
Thanks for stopping by for a visit!
Theresa                     

8 comments:

craftieodamae said...

now there is a fantastic card! What you do with your computer just blows my mind. Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week. Huga, Olga

Patti J said...

What a perfect card! You have done a great job with Patti's sketch! I haven't seen Orson for a while, so this is a lot of fun for me - this was the first image I used at TMITA! Great job with the challenge this week! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week, and hope you come back next week!!!

Patti said...

So very cute! Love the bananas! Perfect card for a little guy! When do you get your cast off? Thanks for playing along with us again at TMITA/PCC!
~Hugs~ Patti

Sue W said...

Oh another gorgeous creation Theresa - I think you need to give on-line classes!!!!!

Nilla said...

You soo good at photoshop making cards! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at TMITA/PCC this week! Hugs Nilla

Kim said...

I dub thee Photoshop Queen!!! I wish I could figure it out half as well as you have!! Your creations these last few week have been WONDERFUL!!! Thanks for continuing to play with us and can't wait to see what you come up for next week!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA/PCC Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!

Payne Holler Cards said...

I agree with SUE!!!! this is sooooo needed - sounds like a money maker to me! look at this card! incredible!

Nina said...

Oh my Theresa this one almost doesn't even looked photoshoped! so cute and so fun and how perfect Jacob! The bananas are just the perfect touch! :O) Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps