Sunday, March 21, 2010

Stamp TV Asian Inspired Challenge

Asian Inspired---
Gina's challenge this week was to create a project, either a card, 3-D item or a scrapbook page, based on a picture of a lotus lamp. It can be color based, style based or anything else that hits you when you gaze upon the beauty of the lamp. Click to see.
The lamp photo reminded me of an old stamp that I had that is Asian looking. I decided to combine it with a GKD lotus stamp.

I began with  a base card of black and made a square card since my stamp is square. I stamped the image using black ink on khaki cs and trimmed and edged this with black ink. I matted this on another square of khaki cs and taped to the base. I stamped the lotus stamp with black ink on khaki and cut with an oval nestie. I added color with pink and green stickles. Placed the lotus image on a scalloped oval of black cs. Adhered to the card with dimensionals. I liked the touch of color and shine on the lotus as a highlight but kept it very simple in design...the Asian way.
Finished the inside of the card by stamping a "Asian like" sentiment on a square of khaki cs and stamped a smaller lotus image.
Stamps: Magnolia's Floral- Julia Hawken
                                         for Stamps Happen
             Lotus and Sentiment-GKD : Melanie's
            "A Year of Flowers" ; "Say it with Flowers"
Paper:   Khaki CS from Stash
             Pure Luxury Black Onyx-GKD
Ink:       Onyx  Black-Versafine

非常感谢你 (Thank You)
for stopping by!
Theresa

3 comments:

craftieodamae said...

Oh WOW, girl this is absolutely gorgeous!

Sue W said...

I love your interpretation of Gina's challenge Theresa! Good Luck

Patti said...

This is GOR-GUSS! Love how you combined the stamps... so creative!