Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring Colors for Just Us Girls Challenge 25

At Just Us Girls this week, Lisa challenged us to use spring colors ......light brown, yellow, blue, and green...that she found in this picture (left) in the Pottery Barn Kids website....she is looking for our creations to include these colors.
My inspiration to use these colors was a digital image by Inger Harding that I found on her website http://simplyinger.blogspot.com/.
My blogger friend Sue led me to her beautiful images.  I colored this image "Flowers for You" using Photoshop because I am still having a hard time coloring with my injured hand. Used a glaze pen on flowers. After resizing and printing the image, I cut it using an oval die and mounted with dimensionals on a scalloped oval of green CS. Placed this on a yellow mat embossed with CB Swiss Dots and then layered onto a green mat. Used white CS for my base. Stamped sentiment on oval and added a blue ribbon and bow. To have CS that matched exactly with my image, I printed the yellow and green CS with Photoshop using the eyedropper to pull colors from the image.  I finished the back of the card using the image, my logo, and the date. I often use this layout on the back of my cards.

Stamps: Sentiment GKD-Spring Florals Set
Digital Image: "Flowers for You"- Inger Harding
Paper: Pure Luxury White-GKD
           Yellow and Green-printed on Pure Luxury White
Ribbon: From Stash

I am looking forward to the day that I can pick a bouquet of flowers from my garden.
Sending you a bouquet of good wishes for a great day!
Theresa


4 comments:

Inger said...

Such a lovely card Theresa!!!
Beautifully coloured!
Thank you for showing "my" image in your blog, how kind of you :o)

♥ Hugs, Inger

Sue Lelli said...

Great image! Made for a very pretty and sweet card!

Patti said...

This is one super sweet card GF! The image is adorable and your layout is perfect! Love how you finish the back! You are such a creative diva!

Betty Benton said...

I love this image Theresa! You have done a beautiful job with it!!