Tuesday, March 9, 2010

May You Find the Rainbow's End at TMITA

There's Magic in the Air has a challenge from Danielle this week. She wants us to use the  image "Pot of Gold" from Paper Cupcakes (freebie) and use the colors "green & gold" (the image can be many colors) with the added bonus of using metal somewhere on your card/creation (brad, charm, eyelets, etc.). What a fun challenge!!
Through the Magic of Photoshop, I digitally created this card. I colored the image with Photoshop using paint can and special effects. I found a digital paper of shamrocks online (Papercraft Inspirations) and re-colored  to green and gold. Added "mat" of green and used a small green "mat" for my sentiment that I typed with PS. Added 2 brads with shamrocks design. (Actually the brads are images of metal brads that I found online and copied and moved onto the card). This will be a great card to send for St. Patrick's Day.
I hope next week I can make a "real"card for TMITA's challenge. I know this card cannot qualify for the random drawing because there is no metal.... but it was fun to play with this image and thru the magic of Photoshop added some "metal brads".
Click on card to see closer.

Happy St. Patrick's Day....everyone is Irish on March 17!
Theresa

10 comments:

Patti said...

This is awesome! We would never know that this was done on the computer if you didn't tell us! Have DH put a brad or 2 on and it would qualify! Thanks for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC!
~Hugs~
Patti

Betty Benton said...

Left a little something for you on my blog. Come on over and grab it!!

Patti J said...

Wow - GREAT card! I would have bet that the two little brads at the top were metal! You are doing a wonderful job! Thanks for playing in the challenge at TMITA/PCC this week - hope you come back next week!

Sue W said...

Wow!!! awsome job Theresa love your card as always!
Thanks for playing along with us this week - good luck!

Selma said...

Another really great card. It is so amazing what you can do with PS. Are you getting your cast off next week? Hope so. Thanks for joining in on the TMITA/PCC challenge again. See you next week.

Kim said...

Oh I think it counts, it was a bonus to use the metal, so I think you're good to go! Great job again and can't wait to see more of what you can do without out a cast! Thanks for playing with us again and see ya next week!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA/PCC Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!

craftieodamae said...

I left you some thing on my blog

craftieodamae said...

Gorgeous card!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC! Hugs, Olga

Nilla said...

Oh, love the very bright rainbow! Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC! Hugs Nilla

Nina said...

ooh these colors are so bright and cheery and I love the sentiment, kind of makes it an everyday kind of card! Love you pp as well, so glad you continue to join us each week!! Just wonderful! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps