Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Easter Basket for TMITA and JUGS


At There's Magic in the Air, Sue Welsh brought us this week's fun challenge to use the  image "Eggs-traordinary Find" and incorporate it with a paper or altered Easter Basket. Click here to see the image.

At Just Us Girls it was time for another Template Challenge! All you have to do to play along, is to use ANY template of your choice! I chose a rounded basket template I found on Mel Stampz.

I began by cutting out the basket using Mel's template from a patterned paper. I scored and folded the basket, punched holes at the corners and tied with yellow ribbon. I added sheer ribbon to the curved edges on top. I cut the handle from striped paper and punched with a scallop border. I lined the underneath part of handle with same striped paper.

I printed the bunny digital image and cut with a circle nestie. I colored the image and also paper pieced (scraps from basket) the egg to which I added a ribbon and bow. Matted the image on a pink round mat and then a scalloped yellow mat both cut with nesties. Attached the circles to the front of basket with dimensionals. Just for fun I attached buttons to the bottom for legs.
Finished with some grass and candy inside.
Cardstock: DCWV Flower Shower Paper Pack
                  Gina K Lemondrop and Innocnt Pink
Ink:  SU Bordering Blue, Memento Cottage Ivy
White Stickles on Bunny
Nesties: Circles and Scalloped Circle
Ribbons and Buttons from Stash
Wishing you a Blessed and Happy Easter!
Theresa

10 comments:

craftieodamae said...

WOW now this is just AWESOME! Thanks for joining us at TMITA/PCC this week. Hugs, Olga

redwasher1 said...

Well that is the cutest!! I hope to get to play in this challenge.

Patti said...

Look at you go GF! I love your ribbons and the buttons for legs! You think of everything! The whole package is just adorable! Thanks for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC! Have a Happy Easter!

Stampin' Pam said...

This is SUPER cute - love your basket and the lace - great gift set! Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. We love seeing what you made.

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Awe! What a darling Easter basket! Love the lace trim & the cute bunny! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you next week!

Betty Benton said...

A wonderful basket (love the colors) and how you colored your image too!

Sue W said...

Great basket Theresa I love the soft Spring colours. Glad you got it in a couple of challenges too.
Good luck and thanks for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC.

Nina said...

you basket is too cute! love seeing all the different shaped baskets as well!! I love love love the buttons on the botton, great touch of detail and I love the way it finishes it off!! Thanks for playing along with our challenge this week over at TMITA/PCC! Hope to see you next week!
Nina
TMITA Blog
(free digital images)
Paper Cupcakes-Stamps

Nilla said...

Very sweet basket! Thanks for joining us at SWF this week! Hugs Nilla

Selma said...

Love your basket Theresa. What a cute idea to use the buttons for legs and the bows are so cute. Thanks for playing with us at TMITA/PCC.