Monday, February 22, 2010

TMITA Challenge "Lucky Bear"

This week Nilla Berglie brings us the week's challenge for There's Magic in the Air. She would like to see us use the "Lucky Bear" image (free at TMITA) and any technique you would consider a method to distress!
Since I was distressed that I could not make a papercrafted card ...does that make my project distressed enough? LOL Since I cannot actually distress something phsyically, I figured out a way to make a digi card look distressed. My project may not meet the requirements but I am going to submit it anyway and let the team at TMITA decide. I just love this "Lucky Bear".
My distressed element is "background mats" of brown and green that I made to look like "old paper" that I "wrinkled up". Not really but "paper" looks like it.
Using Photoshop, I colored the image, made the balloon look embossed, added a bowtie to "Lucky", and typed in the sentiment. Kept it rather simple...


May you be lucky today!
Theresa

7 comments:

craftieodamae said...

You are so creative!!! Gorgeous card, thanks for playing along at TMITA/PCC. Hugs, Olga

Payne Holler Cards said...

AAAAHHHH!!! how cool is that!! and with PS!...I cant wait until I figure that out...its adorable!
I bow to the Queen of PS !!!

Patti said...

I'm bowing with Linda oh Queenie! This is adorable! I love the bow tie and the "embossed" clover! You creative diva you! Thanks for playing along with us at TMITA/PCC!

Betty Benton said...

It's perfect Theresa! Love his bow tie!

Patti J said...

You are amazing! Every week I am blown away by your one armed creations! Your card is wonderful! Thanks for joining in the challenge again this week! Can't wait to see what you do next week!

Nilla said...

Oh, gorgeous card and fabulous distressing! Thanks for playing this week! Hugs Nilla TMITA/PCC

Kim said...

FABulous! Love the distressed look created digitally and that glossy looking shamrock is perfect! Thanks for playing again with us this week at TMITA/PCC and hope you and your fabbie one hard working arm make it back next week too!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA/PCC Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!