Monday, February 1, 2010

Hello Friends

Hello from Captiva, FL. Arrived here on Saturday after driving since Thurs. When we left from OH early Thurs, it was snowing lightly. We stopped for the night at my brother's in Norris, TN. We left there on Fri am before the snow arrived.....they had 4-6" snow across the state of TN but we were  driving ahead of it. Stayed Fri night in Ocala, FL and arrived to 70 degree temps in Captiva. A far change from the temps in OH. My DH drove most of the way but I did some driving to relieve him.

Thanks to all who have sent wishes for a speedy recovery. Doctor says my broken wrist is healing nicely....changed my cast before we left for our trip...went from party pink (for Mom's party) to  tropical blue for the beach!! LOL! I am able to walk without as much pain as my right knee is healing too.  Guess if I cannot do much of anything but rest, sunny Florida is the place to be. It takes so long for me to type, I cannot even do much of that. But I will try to post about our stay here.

My Mother's 90th birthday on Jan 17th was a huge success.....over 110 of her relatives and friends attended including all her grandchildren and great grandchildren.  She was on "cloud 9" and had a grand time.

I really miss stamping and making cards but will be following your cards and challenges from FL. At least I can think about ones that I would have made.....When this cast comes off,  I'll be making tons of cards ....letting all my stored up creativity flow!!
Patti, thanks for the surprise...will post later.

Be back soon with pictures of this beautiful island.
Hugs to all that drop by....Theresa

6 comments:

craftieodamae said...

I have truely missed you!!!! Wish I had your address, you just take care and know you are missed, we'll think about you in sunny FL while I'm here in snowy VA.

Betsy said...

I am glad to have come upon your blog and looking around at the pretty cards and will have to look more later.
My husband has family in Fort Myers and I like the beach and Captiva has some really pretty shells and beautiful white sand. I want to go back.
Betsy

Patti said...

I have really, really missed you! I hope your enjoying your trip! Well wishes and prayers are going your way!

redwasher1 said...

Theresa I'm glad to hear you are healing nicely and and are somewhere warm!! I just kept making warm colored cards! LOL. Have a wonderful time!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

enjoy Florida! and just heal! sure do miss you..would you mind sending me your address. here's my email
twobizie@aol.com
your Mother's birthday party was a real blessing for everyone!
Olga isnt kidding about the snow. we sure have had enough of it! can I come to Florida and play ? miss you...

Sue said...

So glad to hear you're on the mend!
Enjoy your time in Florida I'm sure when you're ready to get back stamping you'll have some wonderful projects to inspire us all.
Gald to hear your Mums birthday went well too!
Take care Theresa