Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Not the Time for a Broken Wrist

Hello my blogger friends. I  will not be making cards  for a while. I had a bad fall on the street today and broke my right wrist.   I will be going to an orthopedic surgeon tomorrow to see what he can do to repair the breaks.... yes, more than one break shows in the x-rays.   Also banged up my right knee, left foot and my front teeth.    Landed face down on the asphalt...nothing hurts as much as the fact that I tripped on the curb, not any ice.  Clumsy me!!!   At least I did not break my nose. We are  packed and were ready to travel to TN  tomorrow but are planning to postpone plans til Fri. My Mom's big party is on Sunday and I will absolutely need to be there for the party.....gratefully I have completed all the preparation and plans. Do have some posts planned ahead for the next few days but will not be able to make cards for awhile. What a bummer! Hope to be able to continue typing one handed.  In all my years, I have never had a broken bone. Why now of all times? But I have had a very blessed life and this is a small thing to contend with when you think of all the many things that some people are suffering at this time. Thank God for my many blessings and a happy life.
Theresa

5 comments:

Sue said...

OMG Theresa! what a thing to happen to you and just before your Mums big birthday too!
It was probably because you've had to be so careful walking around in all that snow that it happened - you let your guard down for a minute and that's all it takes!
I hope they can get you all fixed up and sooner rather than later. Take care I'm thinking about you!

craftieodamae said...

Bless your heart! Man wish I could do something for you. I will pray for a speedy recovery. Be careful traveling and try to have a great time at your mom's party. Let every one wait on you and be a Queen for awhile, you deserve it!!

Sharri Seffens said...

Oh Theresa! How terrible! Sending big hugs and many prayers for a speedy recovery! Have a safe and fun trip for your Mom's birthday!
Hugs,
Sharri

redwasher1 said...

Theresa, wow I hope you are not in a lot of pain!! I too hope your recovery is speedy and you have a good time with you mom! Keep us posted on how you are doing. Hugs, Geri

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh nooooo...we do wonder why these things happen when they do ..but its never a good time for a fall and broken bones! and your right hand! bummer ):...but have a blessed time with your Mom! praying for safe travel and speedy recovery!
keep us posted when you can, will miss ya!!
sending you big [[[ hugs ]]]