Monday, December 28, 2009

STV Sketch Challenge


Jennie has had some great sketch challenges on STV this month. Her sketch for this week is shown on the right. I had fun doing this card using some of my new ink pads that Santa brought. I stamped the rose with SU Ruby Red and SU Always Artichoke on ivory CS. I decided not to color in the images. I like the simple look of the rose. I layered the image on a mat of green CS. I used a patterened paper matted on green for the rectangle mat. I cut a circle of ivory CS with nestabilities and stamped "Thank You" which I then matted  on a scalloped circle ( also cut with nestabilities) of the patterned paper. Starting with a base card of ivory CS I added another mat of red CS that I edged with gold and layered with a ribbon. I assembled the card as shown. Result was a Thank You card that I might send to Santa for all of his great gifts.

Stamps:  Rose, Stem and Petals-GKD "A Year of Flowers" by  Melanie
             Thank You- GKD "Tropical Flowers"
Inks:  SU Ruby Red and Always Artichoke
Paper: GKD Ivory
           Red and Patterned Paper from Stash
Ribbon: GKD

It is great being able to do these challenges again. Hope you enjoy seeing them. I enjoy hearing your comments.
Theresa

4 comments:

craftieodamae said...

Saw this over at STV and it's still gorgeoues hon! LOL

Patti said...

So very elegant! I love the "simple" rose too! Good work my friend!

redwasher1 said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

it's gorgeous!!! and miss you!