Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Jugs Challenge


I have missed doing the challenges over at Jugs so I made time for one today. For week #11, Just Us Girls had a simple technique challenge with no fancy catches....this week's challenge was the Chalkboard Technique! You can learn this technique from the video at Splitcoaststampers by clicking here.

I found it to be quite easy and quick. I stamped a flower and sentiment using white pigment ink on black CS and sponged with red and green chalk. I then rubbed off the excess with a paper towel. Added pearls and ribbon. I finished card by matting on red CS that I punched with a decorative edge and attached to a light sage green base. So easy.
Paper: Black from GKD, Red and Sage from stash
Stamps: Hero Arts Flower and Unkown Thank You
 
Thanks for taking time to stop by. Have you finished your Christmas shopping? Finished mailing the last of my packages.
Happy Holidays, Theresa

7 comments:

Jennie said...

This is beautiful Theresa! Love that border punch, trying to find my own!

Patti said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! I need to try that technique!Looks pretty easy to do!Your design around it is perfect!

Stampin' Pam said...

Beautiful Theresa - truly! Love it - thanks for playing along with Just Us GIrls. :-)

Dana Gustafson said...

This is so lovely! I love the rose stamp paired with the elegant sentiment. The apron lace punch is a nice way to soften the edges of your chalkboard piece too. Thanks so much for palying along with Just Us Girls!

Sue Lelli said...

Your card is lovely! Those flowers are wonderful!

Kristin Bueter said...

Oh Theresa! What a gorgeous card!!! Love the colors you chose and that flower is a perfect image for the chalkboard technique!! Such an elegant end result ♥

Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you again on Saturday! We have a stunning color challenge lined up and hosted by Tracey ;]

Oh...and NO I haven't finished my shopping ;[ Cringe...Wish me luck :)

Andrea M said...

Beautiful card! Just lovely :) Great job!