Friday, November 20, 2009

Skating Penguin

I have spent way too much time on this card!  I love the Skating Penguin that I saw on Sue's Blog  here and had to go over to http://theresmagicintheair.blogspot.com/ to get the digi.

 I made this card using a background scene from the artwork in Photoshop Elements. I sized the digi and printed 2 copies-one a mirror image.  Then I colored with pencils and OMS and cut out the images ( very difficult because of size). I used Versamark on one image and heat embossed with clear EP. I cut an area out of the background and filled in with silver metallic paper for the skating pond. I outlined the pond with stickles for a snow bank. Added stickles and glitter to sky, trees, and snow which is hard to see in photo. I attached my penguin with his shadow on the pond . Added stickles to his brim and ball on the cap. I used a textured blue Base card and edged the mat with silver before attaching. Stamped sentiment from Creative Clear Stamps in blue, then added versamark with a pen and heat embossed with a glitter EP.
Another photo that shows pond better. Enjoy the winter that is on the way!

9 comments:

craftieodamae said...

OH MY STARS! Girl this is gorgeous! I'm ashamed of mine now, you did put a lot of work into this, it's gorgeous!!!! You should be very very proud of it!!AAA+

Selma said...

This is a WOW card Theresa. Your scene is so realistic. Great job creating the pond and doing the reflection. Your card is fantastic. Thank you for joining in on the fun at TMITA. Hope to see another card next week.

Nina said...

Oh my! I am certaily just amazed at all these skating penguins cards! You ladies are really rocking them! I love the distant trees and the reflection of your penguin on the pond. I will have to try that versa mark and embossing sometime, when I have time! and I love the merry and bright! Just beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week in the challenge over at TMITA and hope to see you next week! We have lots of things a baking!

Patti said...

Wowzers Theresa! This is amazing GF! I love your pond and mirror image!The distant trees are a great touch!

Nilla said...

This is gorgeous, what a great idea and what a wonderful effect you got! Love it! Thanks for skating with us this week at TMITA, Teresa! Hugs Nilla

Sue - 'TILLYMINT' said...

Wow Theresa what a great card Love the reflection!!! You rocked this challenge....great job!

Danielle said...

Your time and effort in this card definitely shows Theresa - it rocks!! I love the penguin reflection - that is super creative and wonderfully done! So glad you could join us over at TMITA to share your work - very inspiring!
Hugs, Danielle

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh WOW! so worth the time! this is a knockout!!! way to go!

Kim said...

EXTRAORDINARY!!!! LOVE the entire project and brilliant idea using the reflective material to have a reflection! Just wonderful!! Thanks for taking the time to create this project with this week's TMITA image and can't wait to see what you do with next week's!

Aloha, Kim
TMITA Design Team member
Check out the free weekly digi!