Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sweetest Day Card



Today is Sweetest Day which is celebrated on the third Saturday of October. This holiday is not observed in many places, mostly in the Great Lakes region and the Northeast, and was began in Cleveland in the 1920's mostly to promote sales of candy and later sales of greeting cards.
I made this card for my sweetest DH who loves his teddy bears. I used Donna's sketch for the Stamp TV challenge this week for inspiration. I used a bear and bee stamp...nothing is sweeter than honey for my own Teddy Bear....and the bee sentiment expresses my love. Printed greeting on the computer.  Added some embossing with Cuttlebug and some honey brads.
Stamps:  Creative Clear Stamps-Mother Bear Set
Papers: Bazzill Brown : Scraps of Honey, Goldenrod, Stripe CS
Inks: Memento Black; VersaMagic Pumpkin Spice and Brown; SU Bravo Burgundy
Embossing: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots(reversed), Borders

Happy Sweetest Day to All!
Theresa

3 comments:

craftieodamae said...

Very pretty!! Love the little bee!

Laura said...

I forgot that was today, and my DH is upnorth hunting....hmmmmm gonna have to give him a call.

Love the card and the reminder!!

Sue - 'TILLYMINT' said...

Well hope you enjoyed a great day - love this cute card!