Thursday, October 29, 2009

Surprised with "Making Smiles on Faces" Award


My friends Olga, Linda, and Patti have bestowed me with this fun badge award! Thanks! I am so honored.  Olga is always so encouraging  and has such a great sense of humor! I know she always put a smile on my face, is very creative and such an early riser! Linda is one of the hardest workers and one of  the most creative persons that I know. Patti is the one who encouraged me to start this blog and I have met so many wonderful people like her through blogging.  They all have great senses of humor which is a great trait to share. These three ladies are so much fun to know and are always so full of great ideas!
 I now have to tell you 5 things about myself and then am suppose to pass the award onto 5 of my friends.
So here goes:
1. I have the most wonderful, supportive, and romantic husband on the planet. We have been married 32 years this month.
2. I am originally from Tennessee and my DH is originally from New Jersey and we met in New York City. We dated long distance for 2 years before we married even though he asked me to marry him on our 2nd date!
3. I worked as a retail executive for 35 years...first in Nashville, TN as a buyer for Allied Stores (Cain-Sloan) and later as a buyer and in store management with May Co. ( O'neil's, Kaufmann's, etc). I happily retired in 2001 long before Macy's took over May Co. My timing could not have been better.
4. We will be spending 6 weeks of the winter in Captiva Island, Fl where we have been vacationing for 20 years.
5. We are bear collectors and have adopted over 100 bears each with a name and a distinct personality. My husband always traveled with at least one of them when he traveled on business all over the country before retiring. ( I don't think he will get mad at me for telling.)
I see that most of my followers are already recipients of this badge so I'd like to pass this award on to all the bloggers who visit here because you make me smile when you stop by. 

                                              

2 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

well now a Yankee and a southern belle!! woo hoooo! your vacation each year sounds dreamy! bet DH takes a ton of pics...you know he's a sweetie travelin with a bear :))...so glad to know you better!!

craftieodamae said...

What a fantastic life and write up!!!! We love you too! and you are so welcome!