Wednesday, October 7, 2009

STV Color Challenge and CPS136

My week did not start off great.  I woke up Monday with a sore throat and a cold....too much garden work outside this weekend in the damp I guess. Later that morning, while I was on the computer I felt a bite on my leg. Must have been a spider that crawled up my robe....yes, was still in my robe...felt too yucky to dress. The bite began to itch a little but by afternoon my leg was swelling and I spent the day laying with a ice pack on my leg. My DH said at least the cold and bite coincided so I could recover from both at the same time. Tuesday morn, my leg had swollen a great deal more and it was difficult to walk. So another day spent with the ice pack and nursing my cold. My DH has been a great nurse keeping my ice pack cold and feeding me. Today, Wednesday my swelling has gone and I can walk again but the cold is still with me but not as bad. I finally feel good enough to sit here and  post a card that I made before the bite became so painful.

Theresa's color challenge on STV for this week are...
Fresh Asparagus (olive), Sweet Corn (yellow), Soft Sand (kraft or tan) Optional color: Chocolate Kiss

Here is the card that I made:
Using a sketch from Card Positioning: CPS136, I used Soft Sand CS as base and  then a layer of Chocolate Kiss CS wrapped with 2 ribbons strips..  I used Mini Sunflowers (yellow) digital paper from All About Autumn that I framed with green CS using corner punch. I stamped sentiment on Soft Sand with Rich Cocoa  and put on green mat. Corners were all rounded. Attached elements on to card. For final touch,  added a sunflower to the corner that was cut out of digital paper with nesties.
Colors all look better in real life than in pic.
Stamps: GinaK- "Say It With Flowers"
Papers: GinaK Chocolate Kiss and Soft Sand CS's
             Bazzill Green CS
             Digital Papers-GinaK All About Autumn
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Ribbon: Stash

Thanks for dropping in, Theresa

4 comments:

Patti said...

Gorgeous card! Love the corners! Well done my friend! Hope you get to feelin better! Spider bites are awful now..... scary too!

Tami Mayberry said...

You had the right post for linking. I copy and paste the code each week and forgot to change the sketch number from last week! LOL Great job on your card! Thanks for joining us :)

redwasher1 said...

Theresa, great card!

Payne Holler Cards said...

lovely lovely card - but I can hardly concentrate on it worrying about your bite! so sorry ...must be painful!!! are you sure you don't need to get some kind of a shot for it???