Monday, October 12, 2009

New Challenge - Just Us Girls 2

This weekend I came across a new challenge blog in a discussion by Maria on StampTV.  The blog is Just Us Girls-JUGS for short at http://justusgirlschallenge.blogspot.com/ . Good luck to them on their new endeavor. I decided to make a card for their challenge this week to use Paper Piecing as a way to add color and pattern to your stamped images. Optional: use pink somewhere on your card in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
I used a freebie digital from http://bee-crafty.blogspot.com/ that I found sometime ago and saved. Since JUGS is all about girls, I decided this would be the theme of my card.
I printed the girl image on ivory CS and paper pieced her dress with the pink pattern paper, made the collar with a corner lattice punch, the hem with scallop scissors, and punched flowers for the basket. I colored her hair, flower in her hair, the shoes, and basket with markers and pencils. I cut her out with an oval nesties and cut an scallop oval of the pink print. I decided to layer her on the scallop oval laid cross-wise because it made her look more heavenly. I embossed the ivory CS used as the base with CB Swiss Dots. Embossed a strip of pink that I had stamped with a sentiment "Be a Friend" with a CB Border and attached to the card  along with my friend. Finished with a bit of bling in her flower.

Papers: Bazzill Pink, Ivory CS and Pattern Paper-Stash
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa
Thanks for visiting!
Theresa

11 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

Theresa, this is beautiful! All the paper piecing you did...fabulous! I love the way the ovals are layered...I'm going to have to remember that for the future. Thanks for playing the JUGs challenge and good luck!

Stampin' Pam said...

I'm tickled pink Theresa that you used so much pink on your card in honor of NBCAM. THe little girls' pink dress is adorable with the white collar.
Thank you SO MUCH for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. I hope you really had fun and will come back again!

Tracey Cuccia said...

Well, isn't she sweet? I love how you layered the ovals -- I like the look! Great piecing too -- Thanks for playing along with us -- hope you'll be back next week!

Kristin Bueter said...

What a soft and pretty card! Love your sweet FREE main image and the little paper punched flowers you added to her basket! How clever :]

I have to tell you that while I was reading your post, I couldn't take my eyes off of your photos of the garden! They are fantastic!! I was mesmerized...

Anywho, thank you for playing with Just Us Girls this weekend! I hope to see you again next Saturday for our color challenge!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh she is so cute!!!!! and you so nailed their challenge...havent had a chance to join in ..but will!!! great job on your paper piecing!!

Sharri Seffens said...

Theresa, this is just darling. I love the how you layered the ovals cross wise. I love the paper piecing and the little hem!

craftieodamae said...

She is beautiful and your card is awesome!!

Cynthia said...

Very sweet and perfect for the challenge!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

She sure is Heavenly looking! Super job paper piecing her lil' dress & I am lovin' all the pink you used in celebration of Breast Cancer Awareness month! I am a huge texture/embossing fan myself & I love all the embossing on your card! I hope to see many more of your creations in the upcoming challenges at the Just Us Girls site! Great to see the JUGS blinkie on your sidebar! :) TFS

Alison said...

Clever idea with the nesties. Cute card!

Terri E. said...

What a sweet card with many fun elements. Way to rock the JUGS challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.