Sunday, October 11, 2009

Kick Stand Card Challenge


Lori's Potluck Friday Challenge is to make a Kick Stand card. This was a first for me....had to check out how to do it and found it to be a fun card to make.
Decided to make a "Turkey Day" card since I had just received these new stamps from Creative Clear Stamps...great stamps....fun and a great value too.
I made the base card with kraft CS and lined inside and on front with a Karen Foster Design paper. This paper has a thread of metallic in it but does not shown in photo...take my word for it.  I cut a rectangle of copper CS with nesties and a smaller one of kraft CS that I stamped with a turkey and sentiment in brown. I sponged and colored the turkey with markers. I added the ribbon with copper leaves to finish the front. I also finished the inside with some stamping and covered the back of the copper CS with another piece of the copper CS that I customed cut using the nestie. See smaller picture for details.

Stamps: Creative Clear Stamps-Turkey Day
Inks: VersaMagic-Jumbo Java, Pumpkin Spice
Papers: Karen Foster Design-Pattern Paper
            Stash-Kraft CS, Copper Metallic CS
Ribbon from Collection


Gobble! Gobble!
Theresa

3 comments:

Patti said...

This is a cutie patootie! Adorable card! Aren't these kickstand cards fun! Endless possibilities!

Jennie said...

Oh, this is so stinkin' cute Theresa! Love your Kick Stand card and your turkey is adorable! Don't you just love this cute stamp set. :o) Love your ribbon treatment too.

Laura said...

Ah, gotta try making one of these! Thanks for sharing!!