Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Glad to be Back Home in Ohio


I am glad to be back home after being in Tennessee for several days. My last living aunt passed away while we were visiting there so it was a longer and sadder trip than we had planned. She was 84 and had been suffering with cancer for the past few months.  I am having a difficult time getting back in the swing of things but did manage to do some carding today.  Hope to get back to doing some regular blogging and checking out what everyone has been doing.

 This week on STV, Cathy's sketch challenge is pictured above on the right:

I made this card for her challenge. I cut an oval in Pure Ivory and stamped, inked, and sponged as shown. I placed on a scalloped oval of Pumpkin Spice. My rectangle mat is from Gina K's DP All About Autumn matted on Chocolate Kiss. My base card is Pumpkin Spice with a mat of Chocolate Kiss layered with Pure Ivory. I cut strip of Brown CS and added a gold ribbon. Added the print mat and scallops. Attached a butterfly cut out that was colored with markers and glitter pens. Finished with 2 copper brads.
Stamps: Gina K-Melanie's "A Year of Leaves"
             Unkown Butterfly
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa
         Versamagic Pumpkin Spice
Paper: Gina K's Pure Ivory, Chocolate Kiss, Pumpkin Spice
           DP Gina K's Freebie All About  Autumn
Ribbon and Brads from Collection

Thanks for visiting, Theresa

5 comments:

craftieodamae said...

So sorry for your loss. You are in my prayers. Your card is gorgeous!

redwasher1 said...

Beautiful card! Sorry to hear about your loss and my thoughts are with you as you go through this difficult time.

Patti said...

It's another beauty! Love the little caterpillar!I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Laura said...

Hugs to you :( And glad to see you are back! I look forward to your posts, such a creative lady!

Payne Holler Cards said...

sorry to hear about your aunt...I hope to be her age one day! so glad you are back and your mojo is with you!!! this is adorable card!