Thursday, October 29, 2009

Creative Clear Stamps Challenge 4


Sorry I missed last week's challenge at CCS but back this week for the "ALL about Buttons" challenge. I copied an idea from Jennie to make background paper using the sentiments from the Holiday Seniments stamp set. I also used the tree Stamp from Let it Snow. Not very original ...just an old copycat! I stamped the tree on white CS after I embossed an oval in the center. Then I masked the oval and stamped the sentiments. Because I did not like the look of this, I added  some red ribbon( to hide a goof) and a red frame cut with nesties. Next time, I'll stamp the background first and then stamp tree separately onto the oval and attach. Now for the buttons--I had these tiny pearl buttons that I painted with a red Sharpie and attached with glue dots. Make sure to let dry before handling.
Stamps: CCS Let it Snow, Holiday Sentiments                
Paper: GinaK Luxury White, Rocket Red
Inks: Memento Cottage Ivy and Lady Bug
         Versamagic Hint of Pesto
Other: Red Sharpie, Green and Gold Jell-ink Pens
Red Ribbon and Buttons from Stash
                                                                                Inside of Card
 Check out the blog hop going on over at http://creativeclearstamps.blogspot.com/2009/10/blog-hop-today-win-candy-and-badges.html    Chances to win Candy and bages.
While there, check their challenge too.

Have a great day!
Theresa

7 comments:

Laura said...

WOW, see that is why I missed you! Great project!
See you at the hop!

Patti said...

I love your card! Stamping the background is a great idea.... I will be using it too!

craftieodamae said...

Theresa, go look on my blog, I left you something

Payne Holler Cards said...

yep! lovin it!!! this is a great QnE card...great that our little "oops" make the card even better LOL

Sue - 'TILLYMINT' said...

Oh thanks Theresa great idea to stamp the background. Your card is great! TFS

redwasher1 said...

I love your card!! Fantastic!

Jennie said...

This is just perfect Theresa! Love the way you created the background...and great inside too!