Sunday, October 11, 2009

Card Inspired by Photograph


It was in the 30's early this morning which means that the trees will be turning color very quickly and there will be a lot of leaves to rake. And at our house, that means a LOT of LEAVES. Another card that I made with Linda's STV challenge sketch  was inspired by the photo that my DH made a few years ago and is one of my fave fall shots. I printed this photo to the size that I needed on watercolor paper...don't know why I used WC paper ...could have used regular CS....guess I thought it'd look more artsy.  I cut an oval out of the picture using nestabilities. I then covered it with versamark and heat embossed with clear EP...again do not know why I did this step...wanted it to look like a painting?
I matted the picture on a scalloped oval of Pumpkin Spice CS and edged with a brown marker. I used a brown base with mat of khaki CS . I used strip of patterned paper that matched the pumpkin spice and placed on mat of brown. I used strips of brown organza ribbons. Mounted the ovals on the card and finished with a great button and the word Autumn that was stamped on another scrap.


Papers: Chocolate Kiss and Pumpkin Spice-Gina K
             Khaki and Patterned Papers- Stash
Ribbons and Button from Collection
Photo: ©Al Pollack







Save time to enjoy the fall foliage!
Theresa

2 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Very pretty card! Love the button embellishment! Leaves have not started to change here as of yet but I am hoping for things to be very colorful soon.

Patti said...

Pretty card!Love how you used the picture for your focal image!