Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Teacup Card

Rita and I designed Teacup Cards for our Last Monday Stamping Club's August meeting. This is one I made when were planning our design.  I used a template for the teacup that I found on melstampz.blogspot.com. She has many, many wonderful templates to download. I resized the template so that the cup would fit into an envelope. I cut the teacup from a folded white glossy CS...lay the template so that the top of cup is on the fold....that handle cutout is tricky. I then embossed the cup using Cuttlebug Argyle embossing  folder. There are 3 ways you can do: 1. Just emboss the front of cup. 2.Leave cup folded in EF and emboss front and back in one run thru 3. Emboss front and back separately so design is same on each side.  
I then cut a layer for the front of card...used blue vellum for this one.
Using the same template, cut cover without handle and trim off
bottom pedestal. Emboss with Argyle CB folder. Using the vellum
I was able to line up the argyle design in the folder to match the embossed design on the cup. You can use another folder design for the top layer and any choice of paper. I cut strips of white glossy CS and embossed with a row of  dots. Attach vellum to cup. Make tea bag and attach to string with a staple or brad. This teabag I cut out of paper and covered with a scrap of plastic (leftover of Xyron laminate) after stamping sentiment on bag.  Tape string to top edge of card....let string hang over to back or whatever. Attach strips to upper rim and lower part. Embellished with silk flowers with yellow punched dots in center. For the inside, cut insert of tea stained paper using template but trimmed a little smaller. Print or stamp sentiment and attach. (I stained the paper with a wet teabag because I did not have any paper of the color I wanted but you can just use any CS or plain paper). (Also use tea stained paper in the teabag).  I finished off by adding a teabag but this is optional.
Another design using different CB folders-Swiss Dots for cup and
Bird in Tree for top layer. Used punched border for rim.
Embellished teabag with punched flowers.
                                                                                                          

Take time out for a cup of tea!
Thanks for visiting.
Theresa

1 comment:

"Tillymint" said...

What a fantastic idea Theresa - I bought a card like this once only it was a teapot with teabag!! I kept it for 'just in case' ......so now I need to find it!!!