Saturday, September 26, 2009

STVC Potluck Friday Challenge


Lyn's STV challenge this week is to determine what item of clothing or accessories you can't get along with out and include an image of that on your project.
I love to wear dresses but today's lifestyle does not present many opportunities to "dress up"...today, everyone dresses so casually.
I made this card using digital images,  freebies from Mel McCarthy, at her blog http://www.melstampz.blogspot.com/
Using a digital image of  a dress on a dressmaker form, I paper pieced the dress from CB embossed digital papers, another freebie from http://stamptv.ning.com/   I added a belt made of black ribbon and a hook and eye as a buckle which I sewed on to the ribbon ( I saw this idea on Mel's Blog). Also added an edging on the hem of gold vellum punched with hole punch. The DP that I used for background under the dress had white dresses and was too pink so I sponged it with pumpkin spice ink to get the colors  that I wanted. Used black CS for base. On this I used a DP mat that I embossed with CB. I then added a mat of black CS. On this I layered the dress patterned paper which I used black snaps on the top of each dressmaker form. I attach the dress with dimensionals. I finished with a rhinestone at the top and a stand to the bottom of the form. ( Made of toothpicks---my own idea.)
Added a string of rhinestones to bottom edge of card for some extra bling.
Digital Images:  http://www.melstampz.blogspot.com/
Digital Papers: Rich and Shabby by E. Giovanni http://stamptv.ning.com/
Inks: Versamark Pumpkin Spice
Cuttlebug Embossing Folders: Swiss Dots, Floral Fantasy
From Stash: Black CS, Ribbon, Hook and Eye, Snaps, Rhinestones, Toothpicks

Let's do lunch and dress up!
Theresa

2 comments:

Patti said...

Gorgeous! Not many wear dresses theses days.... sure would be nice to see them again!

Payne Holler Cards said...

Ohhhhhh dress up lunch! count me in...I will be wearing a black dress that has hung in my closet for years! Patti's right...so few of us dress like this anymore (except to go to church and then its a long skirt, etc)...your card brings back memories .....:)