Sunday, September 27, 2009

Spotlight on a Snow Woman

 
 This week Gina K demonstrated the spotlighting technique on Stamp TV and her challenge was to make a card using this technique. Check out her video on STV.
I made this card with a snowman stamp that I bought at a garage sale --never had been used---and I've been itching to use it for a project.
I stamped it on a white CS and added some sky and clouds at the top and placed snow using stickles at the bottom and did some sponging too. I also stamped some snowflakes in the sky.  I stamped another copy of the stamp and colored in the snowman or "snow woman" that I wanted to spotlight with markers and pencils. I cut her out with a circle cutter and edged the circle with a blue inkpad. I then attached the circle directly over the other image. I placed this on a red mat stamped with a sentiment and put some hightlights on with stickles. This was attached to a green base card.
Stamps: Snowmen by Inkadinkdo,  Happy Holidays SU, Sky Tool by Alextamping
Ink: SU Bordering Blue,  Versafine Black
Asstd Markers and Pencils
CS: From my Collection
Thanks for visiting!
Theresa

3 comments:

Patti said...

So cute! Don't ya just love those great yard sale finds? :)

Payne Holler Cards said...

love this image! great find! perfect for spotlighting...looking at the other great details on card...snow clouds are great!!!

Pamela said...

Hi Theresa,

Your artwork is lovely!

A while ago you got my "Seeing Your Light" ebook, which included a complimentary subscription to the Inner Vision Ezine. I've noticed it's bouncing -- your email must have changed.

I'd love to keep in contact; if you'd like to too, please sign up again at www.innervisionportraits.com.

Appreciatively yours,
Pamela Moss
Inner Vision Portraits
visionary art & visioning workshops