Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Kate's Birthday Card


My great-niece, Kate, will be 7 years old  Sunday, Oct 4.  For her birthday card, I was inspired by a digital image of a little girl holding a dog because the girl in the image resembles Kate and she loves her dog, Alvin. I paper pieced  and colored  the image. I used markers and pencils with OMS. I used Versamark and clear EP and heat embossed the eyes and nose of the dog and the handles and buckle on the purse. I added a ribbon belt and chenille scarf to the girl. Since Kate loves her crocs, I tried to make shoes that look like them. I sponged the edges of the image with pink and purple and added  rhinestones in the corners. For the backgound, I embossed glossy white CS with CB's Happy Birthday folder that I inked with pink. Then I rubbed the embossing with a purple ink pad. I attached this to a mat of purple CS and attached  a polka dot wired ribbon to the bottom of the mat. I added more bling to the embossed CS.   I printed the inside and back of the white CS (see pictures) with the computer and assembled the card.
What girl her age does not love pinks and purples? I know that Kate does!

Wishing Kate a Happy Birthday,
Theresa


2 comments:

Patti said...

With a card this incredible you can't go wrong! It's amazing..... I am totally impressed!

Payne Holler Cards said...

oh what a cutie! I know my grandaughter loves her crocs and everything else...guess they are just typical little "girly" girls...your niece will love it!!