Saturday, September 19, 2009

Golden Autumn Leaves



This is my card for Charlene's sketch challenge for STV this week. I turned the sketch to make a horizontal card so I could used the verse from the stamp set I won from GinaK last week. This was very difficult to photograph since I used gold vellum and printed the digital paper on glossy paper...lot of reflection going on.
I began with dark brown CS as the base card. I cut 3 circles from gold vellum and stamped the leaves with brown ink. After letting dry overnight, I colored leaves with  pencils and sponged the larger circle with pumpkin spice. Attached circles to brown CS circles. I cut all circles with Fiskars circle cutter. On gold vellum cut 5.25" by 4",  I stamped  the sentiment in upper corner and a row of acorns across the bottom. Again this had to dry awhile. Attached vellum mat to brown base. Attached the strip of digital paper and then the 3 circles. Raised the center circle with dimensionals.  Hope you can see details in the photo.

Stamps: Large Leaf, Acorn, and Sentiment from Melanie's A Year of leaves Gina K Designs
             Small Leaves Hero Arts
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa , Versamagic Pumpkin Spice
Paper: DP "Leaves" from All About Autumn GKD
           Brown CS and Gold Vellum from Stash
Color Pencils

Thanks for stopping by!
Theresa

3 comments:

Patti said...

This is over the top gorgeous!I love how you flipped the sketch!

Payne Holler Cards said...

I commented over on STV but wanted to pop over and tell you again how absolutely beautiful I think this card is!!!! will be case'g this one :))
Linda

redwasher1 said...

This is fantastic! I love it! Perfect challenge card.