Sunday, September 20, 2009

DH's Card Challenge to Me










This morning while we were having coffee and sweet rolls, which my DH had made, he challenged me if I could make a card inspired by our napkins. The napkin is pictured on the wood easel in the picture above. This is what I came up with while I had another cup or two of coffee.  First, I stamped  a butterfly with black and masked it. I stamped the sunflower with pumpkin spice and stamped the stem and leaves with green with the sunflower masked. I colored all with markers and pencils. Then I covered the images with versamark using the versamark pen and heat embossed with clear EP. I cut image with a square nestabilities and sponged all over with pumpkin spice while in the nestabilities frame. I attached this to a scalloped mat of Gina K's Sunlit Summer DP, then a mat of dark brown and card base of the DP. I stamped sentiment on a scrap of  the Sunlit Summer DP and attached over the image.
Stamps:  Leaves, Stem, Sentiment from Elegant Flowers-Gina K Designs
              Sunflower-Scrappy Cat, Unknown Butterfly
Inks: Memento Black and Cottage Ivy, Versamagic Pumpkin Spice
Marvy Markers, Color pencils

Enjoy a coffee break today!
Theresa

2 comments:

Patti said...

Dang your good! Awesome creation!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

I agree with Patti! You rocked the DH's challenge!