Wednesday, September 16, 2009

DH Helps with STV Sketch Challenge


I almost gave up finding an idea for Shelly's Sketch challenge this week. I finally asked my DH to help me come up with something. Of course I had to first explain to him what was  a sketch challenge. But he did help and got me thinking about a Christmas card  and then he helped me to pick out the stamps to use. I had drawn a rough outline so he could see what the size would be.  I then remembered  this handmade paper I had bought at a garage sale and then found this patterned CS I had made when I was playing with my marbles making backgrounds. (See Gina K's video so you will know I have not really "lost my marbles").
The juices started to flow. I cut 2 strips of the handmade paper-one of red and one of green and attached to the marbled CS which I had edged with  gold using a marker. ( CS that I inked with marbles has a texture which you may or may see in photo.)
I stamped the sentiment with Versamark onto a white CS square and embossed with gold EP. I colored the flowers and berries with a red marker.  I cut 2 small circles and cut in half and colored with gold marker. Attached these half circles to back of square to make the design in sketch. Added cord across mat and attached the square with dimensionals because of thickness of cord. I stamped holly leaves with black ink on the scraps of green handmade paper and glued on berries punched from the red handmade paper scraps. My surprise was how great the holly came out. Attached bottom holly with dimensionals. I added brads ...did not have red ones so painted white ones with Sharpie. Used white CS as my base. Also edged this with gold.  Attached top layer with dimensionals again because of cord. Gave the whole card a 3D look.  Thanks to my DH for giving me inspiration when I needed it.
Stamps: PSX Christmas Stamp
             Jo-ann's Holly Stamp
Paper: Sanook Paper Co. Handmade Paper
           White CS from Stash
Pilot Gold Marker
Cord  and Brads from Stash

Thanks for stopping by!
Theresa

1 comment:

Patti said...

Gorgeous card! I can't believe you got your dh to help!Mine would have given me that deer in the head light look! LOL!