Thursday, September 17, 2009

Cracked Glass Technique


This week, Gina K showed a technique for making a cracked glass look. Check StampTV for her video. I chose a pumpkin stamp which I inked with orange and green and stamped on a square of ivory CS. I colored with pencils and OMS. After completing the cracked glass technique and aging by sponging with brown ink, I framed my image with brown CS and placed it on a mat of grass cloth wallpaper scrap. My DH says I never throw anything away.... scrap was from a room I wall-papered 30 years ago.
I added ribbon from my stash---green ribbon with orange leaves...does not show up very good in photo. Used goldenrod CS as my base card.
Stamp: Unknown
Ink: Pumpkin Spice, Hint of Pesto, Green Marker, Cocoa Brown
CS and Ribbon: From Stash

Thanks for stopping by!
Theresa

3 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Wow, Theresa, your image cracked really well for you. Beautiful card!

Patti said...

This is gorgeous. You did a great job!

Payne Holler Cards said...

now this one is the BOMB! cracked beautifully and your coloring is amazing..clever use of the wp also :)